JAMAICA AND QUEENS AUTO ACCIDENT ATTORNEYS SEEK JUSTICE FOR CRASH VICTIMS
Aguwa & Metu, P.C. provides aggressive, competent advice to clients injured in car accidents throughout the five boroughs and Nassau County. We have obtained significant awards for people who have been hit by a vehicle while driving, bicycling, or walking from our office in Jamaica, Queens. We know how to win these cases and analyze the genuine value of certain claims because we’ve been serving customers in the region for more than 20 years. We won’t allow you be pushed into accepting a low-ball settlement offer.
QUEENS IN THE HANDS OF SKILLFUL FIRM HANDLER ACCIDENTS AND COLLISIONS IN THE CITY OF NEW YORK
Our experienced personal injury lawyers construct a detailed argument for each case that explains how the defendant is legally accountable for the plaintiff’s injuries. The following are some of the most common causes of accidents in this area:
- Distractions – While driving through New York City’s congested streets and highways, a driver’s attention can be broken by smartphones and other distractions. Because it’s tougher to detect a person than a vehicle when a motorist isn’t totally engaged on the road, distractions are frequently a role in pedestrian-related incidents.
- Drink or drug impairment – Many people are unaware of the impact that alcohol or drugs have on their ability to drive safely. Even if the at-fault motorist was not arrested, we may be able to find evidence that he or she was intoxicated.
- Speeding – In car accident claims, our attorneys thoroughly examine all pertinent facts. When there is proof of speeding, we try to explain how this illegal behavior contributed to the accident.
It’s vital to establish a compelling case that explains the physical harm suffered by the collision victim in order to increase the chances of a favorable settlement or verdict. We’ll give authoritative evidence, including expert testimony on traumatic brain injuries, permanent impairments, and other serious conditions, no matter how complicated your medical situation is.
HOW DO I RECEIVE PAYMENT UNDER THE NO-FAULT AUTO INSURANCE LAW IN NEW YORK?
Because New York is a no-fault insurance state, many auto accident claims in the state are handled by the victim’s own insurance company, regardless of who was at fault. If your injuries is judged “severe” under state law, you can sue the at-fault driver and their insurance for damages. Bone fractures, major disfigurements, and conditions that cause full incapacity for at least 90 days are all eligible. We will fight for your rights, whether it’s against your insurance company or against the careless motorist who hit you.
AFTER I’VE BEEN IN A CAR ACCIDENT, WHAT SHOULD I DO?
After a car accident, everyone’s first goal should be to get medical help for anyone who has been injured. Even if no one is hurt, call the cops so they can assess the situation and file a report. If no one is in danger, begin gathering information by photographing prospective parties and onlookers and obtaining their contact information. It’s vital to hire an experienced injury lawyer as soon as possible to safeguard your rights and create a clear account of what happened before evidence and witnesses become difficult to locate.
IN A VEHICLE INJURY CASE, WHAT TYPES OF DAMAGES ARE AVAILABLE?
Under state law, you can seek a variety of damages. These could be given in a trial or used as a starting point for settlement talks. Plaintiffs are entitled to compensation for medical expenditures, including predicted future healthcare costs, as well as lost wages as a result of the incident. You may also be entitled to compensation for your pain and suffering, as well as the loss of enjoyment of life caused by the accident and any lasting limitations or deformities.
HOW LONG DO I HAVE TO FILE A CIVIL ACTION AFTER AN AUTO ACCIDENT?
The statute of limitations in New York gives vehicle accident victims three years from the date of the accident to file a lawsuit. Waiting until the clock is nearing zero, on the other hand, means you’ll have to wait longer to secure your recovery and may jeopardize your ability to present the greatest case possible.
Sackstein & Lee, a personal injury legal firm, with more than 58 years of experience helping people who have been injured. We have achieved many multi-million dollar judgements for our clients over the course of our decades in practice. Our goal is to always assist you in obtaining the maximum amount of compensation for your losses. Contact us through e-mail or call our office at 888-519-6400 to schedule a free initial consultation with educated and aggressive Jamaica Car Accident Attorneys.
If you have been injured in Jamaica or the neighboring towns as a result of another person’s thoughtless or negligent actions, you need an experienced lawyer to assist you get full and fair compensation. You may be unable to work and support your family as a result of your injury. You may require long-term medical treatment, such as rehabilitation or physical therapy, and will incur significant medical expenses. You may be compelled to stop doing things you enjoy and that have offered you joy and significance for years.
Our Experience with Car Accidents in Jamaica
We handle all aspects of auto accident claims. We will thoroughly investigate the facts and circumstances surrounding your accident, including traveling to the scene if required. We’ll work with expert witnesses to develop and present the strongest case possible for your complete financial recovery.
We offer extensive legal advice to persons who have been injured in a variety of ways, including:
- Car accidents, truck accidents, and motorbike accidents are all examples of automobile accidents.
- Falls, falling objects, motor vehicle accidents, unsafe or defective tools or machines, and heavy equipment injuries all occur on construction sites.
- Accidents involving ladders and scaffolding
- Accidents at work, including claims for workers’ compensation
- Wet floors or sidewalks, ripped carpet or linoleum, ice or wet steps or sidewalks, and fractured pavement are all causes of slips and falls.
- Dehydration, starvation, bedsores, falls, medication errors, and physical abuse are all examples of nursing home neglect or abuse.