We are known as one of Georgia’s most effective and successful vehicle accident legal companies at Kam, Ebersbach & Lewis, P.C. If you or a loved one has been gravely injured in an automobile accident, we strongly advise you to get legal assistance from our Newnan car accident attorneys. You can trust our legal expertise, experience, and personal commitment to you, your family, and your case. Our litigation firm recovers millions of dollars for worthy clients every year. In Coweta County, we have won more cases for more than $1 million than any other law company.
You may be dealing with significant, life-threatening injuries or facing a future with lasting disability as a result of a car accident. When someone else is to blame, they (and their insurance company) must be held accountable and compensated for your injuries, pain, suffering, and financial losses. Contact our legal team right away for quick assistance in pursuing full and fair financial recompense.
WHY SHOULD YOU WORK WITH KAM, EBERSBACH & LEWIS, P.C.?
Our team of Newnan personal injury lawyers includes some of the state’s most skilled and experienced legal professionals. When we represent you, you will never be “just another client.” Our trial attorneys are passionate, talented, and dedicated to giving exceptional personal service. The following are some of the advantages we provide to our customers:
- We are dedicated to providing you with the excellent representation you deserve, with over 100 years of experience living and working in the community we serve.
- In vehicle accident lawsuits, we have obtained unrivaled results. We have secured more one-million-dollar settlements and verdicts in Coweta County than any other law practice, including the county’s greatest injury award (non-wrongful death). Our outcomes are self-evident.
- We work on a contingency fee basis, which means you don’t have to pay any legal fees unless we are successful in getting you compensation.
WHY DO YOU NEED A COWETA COUNTY CAR ACCIDENT ATTORNEY?
Serious injuries caused in a car accident frequently have long-term financial, personal, and emotional effects. Recovering adequate compensation necessitates the assistance of a top rated, experienced personal injury lawyer with a proven track record of success. Negotiating with insurance companies can be difficult; they can take advantage of claimants by making low-ball settlement offers in order to end any concerns fast.
Our legal team at Kam, Eberbach & Lewis, P.C. is made up of talented attorneys with years of courtroom experience. We are committed and professional, with a track record of obtaining high-value settlements and verdicts. We are personally motivated to obtain a successful conclusion in cases of significant physical injury or death in a vehicle accident in Coweta County in order to meet your financial demands now and in the future. Our Newnan wrongful death lawyers can assist you with the legal process if you have lost a loved one in a car accident.
CAUSES OF CRASHES IN CARS
Georgia has some of the country’s most dangerous interstates, and it is the seventh-worst state for deadly car accidents. According to the Insurance Institute for Highway Safety, Georgia had 1,422 fatal crashes in the previous year, with 1,554 persons killed. Car accidents are common in Coweta County on I-85, highways 34 and 27, and in Newnan on Temple Avenue, Jackson Street, Belk Road, Lagrange Street, Lower Lafayette Road, and other routes. The following types of careless driving behavior are among the causes of these car accidents:
- Drunk driving: According to the Georgia Governor’s Office of Highway Safety, 368 persons were fatally injured in a recent year, accounting for 25% of all road deaths.
- Drug-impaired driving occurs when a driver’s perception is influenced by recreational and legally prescribed medicines. When sharing the roads in Coweta County, you run the danger of encountering a drug-impaired driver due to Georgia’s opioid problem.
- Distracted driving can result in major accidents if you are not totally focused on the road. Eating, grooming, conversing, reaching for goods, altering in-vehicle systems, and other activities fall under this category.
- Driving While Texting: According to the Georgia Department of Public Safety, cell phone use was involved in 14% of all fatal distracted driving accidents.
- Drowsy driving is as deadly as driving while inebriated, and it is the cause of many serious or fatal car accidents in Newnan and other Coweta County cities.
- Speeding: Speeding drivers cause a lot of car accidents in Coweta County.
- Drivers who are daydreaming are not focused on the road ahead and may veer out of lanes or cause a rear-end collision.
- Driving Too Fast for the Conditions: Weather and road conditions are important factors to consider when driving safely. When the roads are wet or icy, a posted speed restriction may be excessively high.
- Inexperienced Drivers: Young drivers are more likely to make mistakes and are the cause of many automobile accidents in Newnan, often resulting in catastrophic injuries or fatalities.
- Stop Signs and Running Red Lights: Reckless drivers or those who just fail to observe the light or stop sign frequently run red lights, endangering others on the road.
- Turns that are unsafe or illegal: Incorrect merging and turning techniques cause injuries that may have been avoided.
- Too Closely Followed: Tailgating is a risky driving practice since an abrupt halt makes it impossible to avoid colliding with the vehicle ahead.
INJURIES COMMONLY SUFFERED IN CAR ACCIDENTS
Even a slow-speed collision might result in catastrophic or fatal injuries. The following are some of the most prevalent injuries:
- Injury to the neck
- Injuries to the back
- Injuries to the brain
- Injuries to the head
- Injuries to the chest
- Bones are broken (Fractures)
- Ribs that have been broken
- Internal Wounds (Organ Damage)
- Bleeding from within
- Amputations of the knee, leg, and foot due to trauma
- Disfigurement of the Face
IN GEORGIA, HOW DO YOU DETERMINE LIABILITY FOR A CAR ACCIDENT?
We have a fault-based system in the state of Georgia. Other people’s personal injuries are the responsibility of the motorist whose careless behavior resulted in an accident. While this looks to be straightforward, vehicle accident lawsuits can become complicated when both drivers share some blame. If a single party was at fault, that individual is 100% accountable, but the amount of damages paid in an auto accident lawsuit is reduced by the other driver’s portion of culpability. You must also demonstrate that the injuries you allege are caused by the collision.
It goes to reason that an insurance company would try to argue that an injured victim was somewhat at fault in order to avoid paying out the full amount of damages. It is critical that you are represented by Kam, Ebersbach & Lewis, P.C.’s highly rated and successful automobile accident lawyer. If another motorist caused the automobile accident, you are entitled to full and fair financial recompense.
WHAT SHOULD YOU DO IF YOU ARE IN A CAR ACCIDENT?
Even if you follow the rules of the road and are a safe driver, driving in Coweta County is perilous. According to the Governor’s Office of Highway Safety, speed-related accidents are on the rise year after year. In Coweta County, there were 4,349 car accidents reported last year, with 1,118 persons wounded. If you are involved in an automobile collision with another motorist, follow these steps:
- Pull over to the side of the road, street, or highway if there is a minor accident (fender-bender).
- Whether the crash was more severe, assess your passengers right away to discover if anyone is hurt, bleeding, or unconscious.
- For immediate assistance, dial 911.
- Use your mobile to snap images of the vehicles, the skid marks on the road, and your position if you are able.
- If you are possible, obtain the insurance information of all parties involved in the collision.
- Obtain eyewitnesses’ names, addresses, and phone numbers.
- Make sure you have a thorough medical examination. Many significant injuries, such as closed head injuries, are not immediately apparent.
- Do not accept responsibility for your actions.
- If possible, obtain the badge number of any law enforcement officers who arrive on the scene.
- For assistance, contact Newnan’s top car accident legal firm – P.C. Kam, Ebersbach, & Lewis.