Temecula Car Accident Lawyer – According to the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration (NHTSA), car crashes kill at least 38,000 people in the United States each year. Car accidents can be tragic and have long-term consequences for the victims.
Following an automobile accident, the parties involved may be unsure of where to seek assistance or what their next steps should be.
If you’ve been in a car accident, we’ll explain the law, answer your questions, provide you guidance, and fight for your rights aggressively.
Temecula Car accidents have a variety of causes.
Although some accidents are caused by poor road conditions or adverse weather, the majority of motor vehicle accidents are caused by driver error or neglect.
The following are some of the most common causes of car accidents:
- Distracted Driving: Any activity that diverts a driver’s attention away from the road increases the likelihood of a car accident. Texting, altering the temperature or radio settings, drinking or eating, and applying makeup are just a few instances.
- Impaired Driving: Drivers who are impaired by alcohol or drugs while on the road have trouble focusing, have poor judgment, have eyesight problems, and have slower reaction times. These imperil not only the driver’s safety and life, but also the safety and lives of passengers, motorists, and pedestrians.
- Speeding: When drivers go faster than the speed limit, they lose control of their car. Slowing down or coming to a complete stop takes longer for them, making it more difficult to prevent a collision. Furthermore, high-speed incidents are more likely to result in serious or fatal injuries.
- Poor Vehicle Maintenance: It is the responsibility of the driver to ensure that his or her vehicle is in excellent operating order at all times. Failure to inspect for faults or make the necessary repairs if there are malfunctioning auto parts might result in serious accidents.
Broken bones, burns, lacerations, whiplash, head and neck trauma, traumatic brain injuries, and lasting impairments are just a few of the traumas that can occur in auto accidents. We can assist you with a free case examination if you’re unsure if you have a personal injury case.
After a Car Accident, What Should You Do?
It is critical to know what to do in the event of an accident. Victims must take particular precautions in order to safeguard themselves, their rights, and their interests.
Even if you’re not sure if you’ve been hurt, take these precautions. Make certain that you keep detailed records of everything.
Following is a list of the most important things to do following a car accident:
- Make sure that everyone who was involved in the collision is okay. If anyone is injured and need rapid medical help, dial 911 immediately.
- Never drive away from an accident, no matter how little it is. It’s possible that leaving before law enforcement personnel say it’s acceptable is a felony in some cases.
- By securing the area, you can prevent further accidents. Set up flares or keep your flashers on. Get a flashlight and wait by the side of the road if the lights don’t work and it’s dark.
- Even if no one is gravely hurt, call the cops. Most insurance companies will demand a police report from claimants. If the automobiles aren’t obstructing traffic, don’t move them.
- Make a truthful statement to the cops. Avoid speculating, assuming, or misrepresenting other people’s facts or behaviors. Let the police know if you have any questions. If you’re asked if you’re hurt, instead of replying no, say you’re not sure. Because symptoms from vehicle accidents might take a long time to appear in some situations, it’s advisable to get checked out at the hospital.
- Take pictures of the accident scene. Take pictures of the vehicles as well if there is evident damage or if you have injuries.
- Make a list of everyone who was involved in the accident, including the drivers and passengers. Obtain their name, address, and contact information.
- Even small injuries should be treated by a doctor. Remember that even a little collision might result in a lasting and devastating spinal cord or brain injury.
- Report the accident as quickly as possible to your insurance provider, especially if you plan to file a claim for damages or compensation.
- Until you’ve spoken with an attorney, provide the insurance company only the most basic details regarding the accident.
Settlements for Car Accidents
A person who has suffered serious injuries as a result of an accident, whether as a driver or as a passenger, may consider initiating a lawsuit to recover the following damages:
- Vehicle towing and repair costs
- Wages lost or earning capacity lowered
- Agony, distress, pain, and suffering are all examples of mental anguish.
- Property losses and damage
- Medical bills or doctor fees from the past, present, and future relating to the accident, such as rehabilitation or long-term care
A claim’s value is determined by a number of variables, including the injury’s impact on the victim’s daily life and overall well-being, their ability to work following the accident, and their medical bills.
It’s advisable to seek the advice of a knowledgeable and capable Temecula car accident lawyer who can assist their client in estimating a potential settlement or judgment amount.
Why should you contact a Temecula car accident attorney?
There are several horror stories about insurance companies denying or paying for only a portion of claims. Unfortunately, it is their job to figure out how to pay as little as possible. The victim’s prospects of securing a positive verdict or settlement might be improved by hiring a qualified automobile accident lawyer with expert understanding of the laws.
You can rely on The Zucker Law Firm’s attorneys to be there for their clients throughout this tough time. They can assist you with navigating the complicated legal system, filing a claim with your insurance provider, explaining your alternatives, or filing a lawsuit against the responsible party.
They also provide the following advantages:
- Insurance adjusters frequently try to persuade automobile accident victims to take a settlement as soon as possible, especially if they do not yet have access to a personal injury attorney who can explain their rights to them. A lawyer will keep you from making a hasty decision. You may miss out on compensation that you’ll need to support future bills or treatment if you don’t know the entire degree of your injuries and their impact on your future.
- Insurance companies will try to make it appear as if the accident was your responsibility by obtaining statements from you that they will later use against you. A vehicle accident lawyer can assist you in avoiding statements that could jeopardize or damage your claim.
- Evidence such as police reports, medical records, eyewitness testimony, security camera footage, and reports from accident reconstruction experts and other expert witnesses can all be collected and presented with the help of a lawyer.
Attorneys for Car Accidents in Temecula, California
It might be difficult to cope with an injury sustained as a result of a car accident. While injured, the last thing anyone wants to deal with is legal jargon, the fear of liability, or the stress of a potential court action.
Our vehicle accident lawyers in Riverside County, encompassing Temecula, Murrieta, Menifee, and the surrounding area, work at The Zucker Law Firm. Our experts will be there to help you get through this trying period and get your medical costs covered.